The unique DIRAC software
DIRAC is unique on many fronts, but truly outstanding are the intuitive way of guiding engineers during the measurement and the integration of the Virtual Point methodology.
With the live quality indicators available in DIRAC, measurements will be done first-time-right. The measurement flexibility DIRAC offers has never been implemented before.
The Virtual Point transformation allows engineers:
- to couple measured FRFs with simulated FRFs
- to make reliable full-vehicle models available earlier in the development process
Measurement data quality
DIRAC uses CAD files and an intuitive 3D environment as a basis for the measurement preparation. Sensors and force locations are all prepared in 3D, which give immediate visual feedback to the user and later allows for visualization of results. With DIRAC, the engineer can adjust all possible measurement settings even after testing.
The measurement data quality is continuously controlled on multiple levels:
- Smart data and sensor checks ensure the measured data streams on the lowest level have no flaws, such as overloads, low signal-to-noise or double pulses.
- Consistency calculations ensure the measured data is in physical accordance with the known location and the orientation information as used in the Virtual Point Transformation. Wrongly mounted sensors, swapped cables and off-position impacts are detected this way.
- Overall measurement quality is checked against the resulting FRF model. For example, the VP Transformation allows you to check reciprocity and drive point passivity, giving valuable feedback to the engineer. Therefore, it is identified whether an interface is well described or if more measurements are required.
Do you want to increase the quality and speed of your sound & vibration design process? Request a DEMO or contact us to see how DIRAC can help you achieve this.